MS-ISA Program Information
MS-ISA Specializations Offered | Apply Online!RSVP for an Info Session!
Neha B. Talks About the MS-ISA Program and UNM's Global Education Office (GEO)
Pooja K. Discusses Bridging Technical Experience with Management Education
- Custom curriculum based on your background and career goals
- 11 courses (33 credit hours)
- 5 focus areas (specializations), including Data Analytics and Cybersecurity
- STEM designation
- $102,100 average salary at graduation
- Scholarship for Service program places graduates with federal agencies
The Master of Science in Information Systems and Assurance is a customized program that is targeted for students with an undergraduate degree in Business/Management, Accounting, Computer Science (or computer-related engineering), Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Expert Faculty will provide you with the technical depth and real world experience through outcome-focused, team-based, and practical approaches to solving current business problems.
- Experiential Learning is integrated in every course, including cyber security competitions, risk assessments for local companies, and student organizations.
- Employer & Government Connections bring strong ties to community projects and employment opportunities directly to students and graduates. With over 100 career-related events at Anderson and faculty connections, students can swiftly move into their field of expertise.
- Custom Plans of Study are developed for every student in the MS-ISA program. With faculty advisement, each student follows a curriculum tailored to career goals that combines soft skills in management and technical skills.
Demand for IS and IA skills is strong due organizations' dependence on information technology and the need to secure information systems and data. Types of firms and organizations that hire MS-ISA graduates include law enforcement, national labs, financial services, Fortune 500 companies, educational and healthcare organizations, and Federal, state, local, and tribal governments.
"Being a student at Anderson provided me with the tools I needed to succeed in my career. I would have not gained all of the skills I have if I was not surrounded by the level of talent and professionalism here. Anderson has presented many opportunities for me to grow and continues to play an important role in my career development."
"I found the MS-ISA degree interesting as it was a blend of management and technology. After researching many universities, I came to find that UNM has one of the best business schools in the United States, with good funding, job opportunities, and an engaging curriculum."
Scholarships & Funding
Scholarship for Service (SFS) Learn More About SFS
- For US Citizens interested in pursuing a career in government Cybersecurity or Information Assurance.
- SFS pays all costs for three semesters: $2,800 per month stipend, all tuition & fees, book allowance, travel allowance, and health insurance reimbursement.
- Customize the degree program to your background and career goals.
- Complete a summer internship with a federal agency in Washington, D.C.
In addition to the Scholarship for Service, Anderson offers over $300,000 in scholarships, as well as graduate assistantships, project assistantships and student employment for both incoming and returning students.
Student Organizations Help Grow Your Network
Take control of your career and join a student organizations. These organizations provide an opportunity for growth, leadership, and networking in a student-driven environment.
Information Security Management and Analytics Research Team
ISMART is for students interested in cybersecurity, data analytics and system administration. ISMART connects students to local industry leaders to provide career networking opportunities and training.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
ACFE is the world's premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with nearly 80,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud world-wide, and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
U.S. News and World Report names the Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico as one of the top part-time MBA programs in the nation.